Become part of our team!
CPG is committed to offering an engaged environment that allows our employees the freedom to utilize their expertise in creative and meaningful ways.
CPG recognizes and works to encourage personal and professional growth by offering continuous opprotunities for individuals to take ownership of their role, helping to translate our vision into reality.
CPG offers competitive benefits and salaries as a way of recognizing the quality of our awesome team members.
Positive Work Environment
CPG’s work environment mirrors our dedication to the needs of each employee; we offer a positive atmosphere meant to enable growth and cultivate a passion for the meaningful work we do here.
Our Current Openings
Assist scientists in conducting applied research, reviewing scientific literature, collecting data, summarizing results, and performing data analysis. Prepare findings for publication and assist in quality control and data management.
Full time position with benefits
- Prepare, manipulate, and manage extensive databases.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Obtain informed consent of research subjects or their guardians.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
- Verify the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases, correcting any errors.
- Catalogue and maintain project files under the guidance of the project leader.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher in psychology, sociology, or a related discipline. Familiarity with or work experience in military training, modeling & simulation, instructional system design, or learning technologies is a plus.
Senior Research Scientist
Apply principles of cognitive psychology, industrial-organization psychology, adult learning, and/or expertise development to perform applied research human performance, training system design/development and assessment. Responsibilities include project management; research planning; data collection and analysis; field work; customer relations; presentations; and technical report writing. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience conducting applied research in a military domain.
Full time position with benefits
- Conduct applied research studies in operational (military) environments based on the understanding of human cognitive performance, organizational structures, team dynamics, and individual behaviors.
- Analyze user or customer needs and identify research programs to fill gaps or requirements.
- Formulate and implement research plans, apply principles of adult learning and human cognition, and assess individual differences.
- Conduct cognitive task analysis or similar interviews and focus groups with user and domain experts to elicit knowledge.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct assessments of human performance, such as training effectiveness evaluations or development of cognitive metrics.
- Lead project teams and mentor junior researchers.
- Maintain relationships with customer agencies and develop innovative research and development plans with individual customers.
- Conduct presentations on research findings for clients and at research meetings.
- Experience in applied research in one or more of the following areas: development of expertise; individual differences in ability and personality; adult learning; military training systems; psychological research methods; and the assessment of human cognitive performance.
- Application of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Use of adult learning theory, instructional methods, and the measurement of training effects.
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams made up researchers, engineers, technologists, and subject matter experts.
- Grasp of current scientific literature in one or more domains related to human cognitive performance.
- At a minimum, functional understanding of statistics and psychometric data analysis.
- The ability to use the scientific method to conduct applied research using qualitative and quantitative data.
- The ability to communicate research objectives, plans, and findings in professional settings to other scientists.
- The ability to collaborate on innovative research and product development with other high-performing scientists and engineers.
- The ability to communicate research and product development in writing in the form of technical reports and peer-reviewed publications.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Qualified candidates will hold a Doctorate degree in applied psychology, education, or a related discipline. Familiarity with or work experience in military training, metrics development, modeling & simulation, instructional system design, or learning technologies is a plus.
CPG offers paid internships or apprenticeships. If you are motivated to learn, prepared to contribute, and open to new ideas, please send your resume and a writing sample (no more than three pages) to our Chief Executive Officer, Bill Ross. When an opprotunity that is a match for your skills and experience becomes available in your area of interest.